At Netherby Kindergarten our image of the child is of a competent and powerful learner. The Educators listen to the children, and question them to hear what they understand and wonder about.
Kindergarten offers a play-based curriculum in a learning environment which promotes curiosity, exploration, challenge, and provides opportunities and resources to problem solve, create, communicate, to reflect and to try new solutions.
The program is planned using Belonging, Being, Becoming, The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
The Learning Outcomes planned for are:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.
There is a strong focus on literacy, numeracy, sustainability, as well as developing resilience and collaborative learning.