At kindergarten we aim to help children:
- Experience a supported and successful transition from home or child care to kindergarten and from kindergarten to school.
- Feel safe and secure in a caring, exciting and challenging environment.
- Develop confidence in new situations, to take risks and try new experiences.
- Develop a positive image of themselves as powerful learners.
- Be resilient with a growth mindset which sees mistakes as learning opportunities.
- Develop skills in getting along with others and making new friends.
- Learn co-operatively with others.
- Learn sustainable practices and a sense of responsibility for the environment.
- Learn from literacy, numeracy, science and technological experiences.
- Participate in learning experiences with time to explore, be curious, ask questions, hypothesise, experiment, problem solve, reflect and have fun while learning.
We use the Respect, Reflect, Relate document to observe and reflect on children’s well-being, their relationships with children and adults, and their involvement in curriculum, and the active learning environment. Staff are continuously seeking to improve our pedagogy for deeper learning experiences and improved outcomes for each child.